Connections to Care (formerly Escorted Transportation Service) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2006 with the sole goal of providing reliable, volunteer-based, accompanied transportation for the older adults in our community to get to their crucial medical and dental appointments.
Our 2022 Annual Report is now available by clicking here.
We are so proud of our organization and its history. Enjoy a few highlights from our years in service.
- A similar program was discontinued in the community
- The founders knew the concept was too valuable to lose and created the non-profit organization Escorted Transportation Service
- We opened our doors on September 1
- We provided 400 round-trip rides in just 4 months
- First full Board of Director’s Meeting
- Moved offices to the Arlington Heights Senior Center
- Received major funding from The Retirement Research Foundation (now RRF Foundation on Aging)
- Gave 1,861 round-trip rides in first full year of operations
- First Executive Director hired
- The 15,000th ride was provided
- Founder retired after 7 years with the organization
- 10 year anniversary celebration with many activities
- Volunteer thank you party
- Display at Arlington Heights Public Library
- Local fundraiser
- Riding in the Arlington Heights 4th of July parade
- Provided our 30,000th ride
- The Board of Directors make the bold decision to change the organization’s name to Connections to Care. This new name and brand capture the true essence of our program. It is more than a ride. It is a connection.
None of the Connections to Care successes would be possible without the wonderful volunteers, funders and donors throughout the years. We owe our deepest gratitude to every single one of you. THANK YOU.
Here’s to the coming years of service …
Board of Directors
Andy Schmitz, President
Patricia Champion, Vice-President
Traci Grever, Secretary
Jenny Tanquary, Treasurer
Patti Kozłowski, Member
Rafal Piontkowski, Member
Brian Reynolds, Member
Linda Smith, Member
Char Padovani, Executive Director
Amy Gall, Director, Program & Operations
The following companies, organizations and government entities provided generous donations or grants to Connections to Care in 2022, thus supporting our efforts in the community.
We are very grateful for their support. Please click through to visit their websites and learn more about them.
$1,000 – $14,999
Arlington Heights Senior Center, Inc.
Arlington Heights Community Development Block Grant
Mount Prospect Community Development Block Grant
Northwest Community Hospital Foundation
Up to $999
Congregational United Church of Christ
Drost Kivlahan McMahon & O’Connor
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church
Home Instead Senior Care Foundation
Home Instead Senior Care, Inc. (Elk Grove Village)
Kilwins Chocolate, Fudge, and Ice Cream
Luther Village Spiritual Foundation
The Moorings of Arlington Heights
Northwest Speech & Hearing Center, Ltd.
Pearson & Graham Graphic Art Services
Rick & Kathy Pfleeger
We want to thank the following individuals for their donations to Connections to Care during our 2022 Annual Appeal campaign. Every dollar is greatly appreciated and will ensure that we can continue to make a connection with the older adults in our community while providing a ride to their important medical/dental appointments.
Mary Ann Hetreed (our Annual Appeal Match Partner)
$600 – $1,000
Jim & Cathy Liggett
$250 – $599
Janet and Cliff Nelson
Mr & Mrs George Ostendorf
Marcie and Bob Paddock
Sandra Venator Topps
$100 – $249
Gary and Patty Colabuono
Jack & Patricia Devron
Kathleen (Kay) Dodge
Verna Lee Koenig
Bill Kozlowski Memorial
Robert & Nancy Lincoln
Gary and Haven McClung
Joann B Poplar
Jim and Mindy Sorensen
Conrad and Connie Sparkowski
Daniel & Julia Woolley
So many amazing individual donors! Thank you.
“This is truly a tremendous organization. I’ve always been impressed with everything Connections to Care does. Very professional in its approach to everything. After close to four years I still feel enthused and fully committed.”
“I am 92 years young and live alone in a HUD building. Connections to Care has been a God sent to me. I love (Connections to Care Program Director) and don’t know what I would do without her. She is so very patient with me. Every single driver has been wonderful to me.”