“Having a limited support system, I now feel relieved and grateful to have the service of Connections to Care. Everyone has been kind and friendly. I have only admiration for all the volunteers. What a great group of people. Thank you so much“.
Do you no longer drive and need help getting to your crucial medical appointments? Connections to Care can help. We are a non-profit organization that exists solely to help senior citizens in the northwest suburbs of Chicago get to their important doctor and/or dental appointments. But we are more than just a ride. We offer caring and compassion. A connection.
Rides are provided for the following type of appointments: general checkups, dental, vision, wound care, lab work, physical therapy, etc. We do not take appointments that require anesthesia, rides from chemotherapy or emergency appointments.
To be eligible for our services you must:
- Live within our service area (See service area HERE)
- Be 60+ years of age
- Be able to get into and out of a car independently (we do not take wheelchairs)
- Be fully vaccinated against the COVID virus (proof of vaccination required)
To start using our services you must:
- Fully complete and submit an application (Click HERE to download application)
- Call a minimum of 7 days in advance of appointments. We can accept rides up to 3 months in advance, so please call ASAP with an appointment request.
We ask for a $15 donation for each round-trip ride ($7.50 for one-way rides). We look forward to having you as part of our program. Please call 847-222-9227 with questions.
“This is truly a tremendous organization. I’ve always been impressed with everything Connections to Care does. Very professional in its approach to everything. After close to four years I still feel enthused and fully committed.”
“I am 92 years young and live alone in a HUD building. Connections to Care has been a God sent to me. I love (Connections to Care Program Director) and don’t know what I would do without her. She is so very patient with me. Every single driver has been wonderful to me.”